Sunday, July 15, 2012

Goodbye Sweet Patrick (not my brother)

Remember Patrick from this blog (click here)? Well, the girls sent him a birthday card and even raised another 35 dollars buy selling lemonade at Pop's golf course.  In the midst of all this, Patrick's mother took the time to write my girls a thank you card.  She thanked them for the money and for the birthday card.  I can't imagine why she felt the need to take time out to send our girls a card, but I think that is somewhat a reflection of who they are as people.

Last night at 4 am Patrick passed after a long battle with Cancer.  I didn't know Patrick, I don't really even know the whole story.  I couldn't imagine the pain his parents are going through right now, but I'm somewhat comforted to know Patrick is no longer in pain.

With that, I wanted to thank you Patrick.  You taught my girls a lesson that is one of the most powerful lessons on Earth.  They prayed for you, the worked for you, they loved you, without ever knowing you.  Most importantly....you taught them compassion.

May you rest in peace Patrick, you have certainly earned it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so awful. I am so so sorry for Patrick's family and for everyone who cared for him and prayed for him and tried to help him. . .for my grand daughters and for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So damn sorry and sad. At least he is at Peace. Hopefully his parents will find some

    ReplyDelete