Friday, January 20, 2012

Kids say the darnest things-

It has been a while since my last update, my apologies.  After a great weekend of SAE stuff, we woke up this past Monday in Tampa to drive home to Chicago.  Over 1000 miles in the van.  We made it to Nashville the first night, then headed North for the second leg of the trip.  Around Louisville, Kentucky, we hit tornadoes, in January.  It was unbelievable.  We finally made it back to Chicago late Tuesday night.  







The week was a short work week but a crazy one.  Both the big girls went to their new schools and LOVED it.  It is a good thing that I didn't take them because there would have been tears, flailing on the floor, probably a complete scene, and that would have just been me. I always hate dropping them off at school that first time, it hurts deep every time.  I am glad there were legitimate reasons for me being able to do it.  Regardless, I am so happy that they like their new schools.  This is the first time Reagan has been in a school without her Mommy right down the hall.  This is the first time Caroline has been in a big ole school, all by herself.  They both came home talking about their new friends and all the great things they did in class.  Reagan was asked about where she came from and she told them Kentucky.  She said that she had to move up here because of her Daddy's work.  When asked where I worked at, Reagan told them a church (yes this picture is part of the amazing building I work at). 


 Earlier today Reagan and her Mommy were doing homework.  Reagan had to use letters to make words. Two of her words happened to be sh*t and d*mn. Brooke lost it and so did Reagan. Brooked asked her is she knew the words and Reagan said yes because of "D-A-D". At least what she spelled was really sit and dam. Brooke told her she can not use those words, those words were big boy words.  Then Reagan said, well then daddy needed to learn some manners.


I guess they really do listen to every word you say.


Caroline started today and got home just in time before the snow hit.  It took me two hours to get home today from work, a drive that normally takes 30 minutes.  On my way home I found out that a roommate of mine from the SAE house made it home from Afghanistan. This was the best news I had heard in a while.   He had previously served a tour in Iraq. I am very happy Cheno is back with his family, he really is Brother Hero.  Now I am ready for a weekend of snuggling with my girls, as we hide from all this white stuff outside.  

1 comment: