Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Polar Bear Adventures in Atlanta

Last Thursday morning I was shaving(getting ready to go out of town) when I had this eerie feeling come over me.  You know that eerie feeling when you can feel that someone is close to you..... and staring at you.





I felt it.  With one I closed, the other squinting, I turned to see who was watching me.  I was totally expecting to see a man with a hockey mask and machete in hand.  Instead I saw a beautiful, blue eyed, blond haired girl, with a polar bear in hand. I was very relieved. Baylor Grace didn't want to disturb me as I was shaving but was excited that I realized she was there.  Her face lights up (with the..okay im on look) and she tells me about how she is going to miss me while I am gone. She wants me to take her polar bear with me, so that I don't get lonely and that I would think of her.  Instantly, in the mold of Flat Stanley, the old AT&T commercial came into my mind.  I told Baylor Grace that I would take pictures of the bear along the way and send them back to her mother.





So here is photo #1.  Polar Bear abides by all security regulations and was getting ready to go through security.



After making it through security, Polar Bear was living large in the Admirals Club at O Hare.  There, Polar Bear enjoyed a nice waffle and a bagel.


 Polar Bear was excited for his first flight.  It was a smaller, regional, jet- but he was well behaved during the flight.
After a long morning, flight, train ride, car ride, etc. Polar Bear was super excited to check into his swank hotel in Atlanta for the weekends festivities.

 Polar Bear was loving the King sized mattress, a bed he got all to himself.

 Here, Polar Bear was socializing with folks before dinner on Thursday night.  This was his first outing of this type, but he was not nervous at all.  Polar Bear enjoyed the pork chops for dinner.

 Here was Polar Bear getting ready for the F&H meeting on Friday morning.  This was the first of a long string of meetings, so he was getting comfortable.

 After a hamburger lunch, Polar Bear had to get ready for the Supreme Council meeting.  He got himself a water and a notebook to take notes.  Polar Bear was ready.
 Here Polar Bear is giving counsel to our Eminent Supreme Archon, Ken Tracey.  It should be noted that Polar Bear was involved with all of the key decisions made this past weekend.






On Saturday, Polar Bear had to meet with all three boards of SAE.  This would be Foundation, F&H, and Supreme Council.  It was a stressful day, but with a coke and smile, Polar Bear was ready for anything.

 Saturday's meetings concluded with an address to the Province Archons from our ESA, Ken Tracey.  Polar Bear wanted to pay attention, and take good notes.

 The entire weekend's meetings were concluded at the historic Piedmont Driving Club in Atlanta.  Polar Bear had never been to a place like this before, but he LOVED the crackers.  He hopes that Brooke can attempt to duplicate the crackers back home.
 Finally, after a long weekend, full of meetings- it was time to head home again.  Polar Bear does not negotiate with terrorists, so it was back through airport security again.
Polar Bear couldn't believe all the leg room he got for his flight home.  Having status with an airline gets you some good perks, and Polar Bear loves traveling in style.

Truth be told, I got a lot of funny looks when people saw me carrying around a little stuffed polar bear. Once I told them the reason why, they all had the same  look on their face.  They could see a dad, making a special effort to keep his daughter happy.  From what I am told, it was a big hit at home, too. I think I may have created a monster, I currently have a Clifford, The Big Red Dog, in my truck.

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely the cutest thing I have ever seen. Hope she remembers this forever.

    ReplyDelete