Thursday, November 8, 2012

I have this reoccurring nightmare, seriously


Alright, most of you know that I swim on a daily basis.  I try and lift during lunch, swim before work.  When I swim, I am 100% in a zone.  My head is down and the rest of the world is blocked out.  Not only is a great workout, it is a way for me to clear my head. I do a lot of thinking while swimming, I think about what I have to do that day, how to phrase something, etc.   I have really come to enjoy my swimming workout.  My gym itself is elevated, it is on the second floor of the building.  Honestly, its kind of a workout just to get to the gym.  The pool is even more elevated.  You are in the back corner, elevated, looking down on everyone working out.  The pool is a great, smaller room, well heated, etc.  Great conditions to workout, its very cave like.  There are a lot of times when I am the only person in the pool too.

This is where my nightmare begins.  It is a nightmare that I think about almost every time I get in the pool.  At some point during my swim I always think...what happens in the Zombie Apocalypse occurs while I am swimming?  Seriously, I think about this.  I always envision me getting done with my swim, I get out of the pool and look down at the gym, and then BAM!   There is nothing but blood, carnage, and death.  Maybe even a loan "Walker" or two stumbling about the gym.  I seriously think about what I am going to do if the ZA occurs while I'm swimming.  What does someone do to fight off zombies in their swim trunks?  Sort of like when you are showering at home and you hear a thump somewhere in the house, you think to yourself "great, now I am going to have to fight off the burglar naked. "  Same sort of thought that I have with the pool.  

Anyway, thus far I have been lucky. No Zombie Apocalypse while I have been swimming.  I will go to work out tomorrow and sometime during my swim I will think to myself....what if today is the day?


6 comments:

  1. You have become too involved with "The Walking Dead". I suspect you identify with Rick, too. BTW the Redneck (I can't remember his name) is one of my favorite characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dummy!! This is an easy one. Take Baylor Grace with you and she will simply kick their flesh eating ugly ass. Case closed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you and I separated at birth (by 15 years)? Way too many similarities in the ways we think. Must be why your dad likes me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rules number one of Zombie fighting is 1) Cardio. S the swimming is actually preparing you quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Sort of like when you are showering at home and you hear a thump somewhere in the house, you think to yourself 'great, now I am going to have to fight off the burglar naked.'"

    Ditto. EVERYTIME I'm solo at home and taking a shower - if I hear something, my first thought of how terrible would it be if someone either whipped open the curtain and stabbed me or would they shoot me through the curtain. I then debate would fending them off naked by good or bad or should I reach for the towel.

    ReplyDelete