Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Day, Mother


Mom,
I know today isn't Mother's Day, some may even think I missed it.  You of course know this isn't true.  However, just as I don't think you should need an Anniversary to tell your spouse that you are grateful for your journey together, and you shouldn't need Valentines Day to tell your SO that you love them, I don't think I should need 1 specific day to tell you how much you mean to Patrick and I.  You have always been the glue to hold the family together and the reason that Dad gets out of bed every morning.  You are a great role model as a parent for me, and as a mother for Brooke.  You are worshiped by your grand babies, they love being around you.  Your legacy lives on, differently, in each one of them.

I don't need to send a card, or make some proclamation on Facebook, to give everyone the appearance that I am dedicating a day to you.  Truth be told, most days are dedicated to you.  In the end, all I want to do is take care of my girls (yes that includes Brooke) and make you and Dad proud.  So, while I didn't have any redundant, cheesy, status update on Facebook yesterday about you, you know where I stand.  Not a call goes by where I don't end it with "I love you Mom."  This is my simple way of saying to you , everyday, "Happy Mother's Day!"


2 comments:

  1. No, you don't have to say anything, but I'm glad you did. You and Patrick have always been a joy, and we are always proud of you both. All my life I wondered what I would be when I grew up, and now I know - Mamaw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good job. She is the glue and the sweetest and most loving person I have ever know. She has lived her life for me, you two and now the SCM (short chicago mob) So proud of her.

    ReplyDelete