Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Caroline O Caroline.

Those of us who are fortunate to have more than one kid understand what I mean when I say we all have that ONE kid.  That ONE kid is the one that will say anything.  They have no inner monolouge.  They are funny without trying to be funny, they are loving by nature, goofy, somewhat aloof, or perhaps even a space cadet.  They are smart when they want to be, sassy at times, they are all your other kids rolled up into one.  For us, that is our Caroline. 

Last night the girls has a long promised movie night, popcorn, and snuggle time.  Or as Baylor Grace called it  moooovieee night, popcone, and nuggle time.  The girls were watching the moive, BG and Reagan were nuggling with their mother, Caroline was off doing her own thing. She walks back into the room and says
Caroline:  Mom, I think I have popcorn in my nose.  (No explanation on how it got there- it was very matter of fact)
Brooke: Really? Did you put popcorn up your nose?
Caroline: I think so.  (probably something you would remember)
Brooke: Go get a tissue and I will help you
Caroline: goes and gets it, comes back and blows her nose- there was no popcorn
Caroline: There, all better.

So, I guess it is entirely possible that Caroline went to school today with popcorn up her nose but I don't think so.  We have never had anything shoved up a nose, nor flushed anything inappropriate down the toilet.  It would figure that Caroline would be the first to dip her toes in this pond and it would make even more sense that she did it to herself.

We are lucky to have our girls.  They are growing like weeds and I will miss the kid versions of them when they get bigger.  I hope they don't change, although I'm sure they will.  I pray that Caroline always keeps her happy go lucky attitude.  She is a true blessing and without question our Honey Bee. 

1 comment:

  1. I have always had a feeling that some day, some way, Caroline will be famous.

    ReplyDelete