Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Proceed



(watch the video people)

Dear Hadley,

For a long time now I have considered you part of the family.  Well actually the moment we found out Brooke was pregnant, you were part of this family.  I wont recount the horrible week when we thought we lost you.  Just remember, when you turn 16 I get to smack you for that.  Anyway, I have watched you grow (and grow) in your mother's belly.  To see you move, kick, hiccup, and come to life inside of her is an amazing treat.  Last father's day the girls gave me a bracelet to wear when I am on the road, one with their initials on it.  Not too long ago, Brooke made a new one and included yours.  When people ask "how many kids do you have," I instinctively tell them, "4." I don't mean to count my chickens before they hatch, but lets be honest, I'm totally excited for you to be here.  I have NO idea how I am going to pay for college or the 4 weddings.  I keep hoping that the government pays for all those things by the time y'all are 18 (yes that is a joke...sort of).  We already have your first vacation planned, we are going to a place where I spent many of summer vacations at when I wasn't much older than you.  We took Baylor Grace to the beach when she was 7 weeks old, you will get to do the same.  Let me tell you, if anyone is more excited to see "Baby Adley" than me, it is your big sister Baylor Grace.  She walks around holding babies, and rubs your mothers belly, kisses it, etc.  She is totally excited for you to come.  We all are, and I want you to know, no matter what- you are so loved.  You have been from the moment we knew you were here with us.  The waiting room will be filled with nervous anticipation but that will be masked with the love that so many people will have for you.  And I just want you to be prepared, I will probably cry.  We are so lucky, so blessed to have another girl.  I don't know if your hair will be brown or your eyes blue.  To be honest, I don't at all care.  Just be safe and come out in good health.   I wasn't sure I was going to make my last round of work trips due to your arrival.  Thankfully you held in there but I am home now.  So Hadley, please proceed with your arrival whenever you are ready.  You, and your sisters (your mother for that matter) are truly a gift from God.  Thanks for making me be a better man. 

Love always and forever,
Daddy.

6 comments:

  1. Very true and the best blog ever. Get your skinny butt out here girl, your PawPaw wants to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be fooled "Adley" your PawPaw wants to hold you so he can put you to sleep like he does with all babies. Boomer, I think you need to be sure and save these blogs for your girls when they grow up. You are writing a memoir that they should read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great song--maybe she will grow up to be a hot singer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you guys that you are about to bring another gorgeous daughter into the world. We are truly blessed to have so many little Ayer's girls on this earth... everyone should be as lucky as them to have two terrific, doting parents. I'm looking forward to meeting little miss Hadley and personally, I can't wait to see if she has blond hair or brown, what color eyes and which one of you she takes after- it's all so exciting.
    When Hadley is ready to come out, please give Brooke a giant hug for me, I wish I could be there in the waiting room, but I'm there in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You "probably" will cry???? We all know the answer to that one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boomer, there is a book waiting to be written and it should be written about your family a family of Loving Parents, parents who treat each child as a special gift from God and always part of a unique family who have had more than their share of long sleepless nights and "adventures". Your family has a LOVE that is so special that is needs to be bottled. Your blogs should be shared with all those parents and growing children out there in the world.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete