Monday, May 30, 2011

8000 views

If you log onto my blog at www.morethanallthestarsinthesky.blogspot.com it shows you how many times my blog has been viewed.  I just passed 8000 views in about 9 months...somewhat of a milestone for me.  I suspect that of the 8000, 7000 are from me and my mother and father.  It seems as though they are the only ones who post anymore on the comments sections leaving me to wonder if there is anyone else out there?  Its been a long, not great Memorial Day for me.   Regardless, its been a better day for me than Jim Tressel's.

This is Memorial Day, a day we are supposed to recognize not just those who serve (that's Veterans Day in  November) but those who served and gave the "last full measure of devotion" for our country.  Thankfully going back to the war of 1812, all of my family that went off to war came back.  But not all of those that came back, came back whole.  So tonight, I honor "One Armed" Hardy Caldwell from Tennessee.  Hardy was my GGGGreat Uncle who lost his arm a Vicksburg.  He then rejoined the Confederate Calvary after he healed up and continued to fight through the duration of the war.  The truth is, anyone who has gone off to battle,  leaves a piece of themselves on the field either figuratively or literally, sometimes both.   Here's to you Hardy and all those brave brothers in arms, especially those who never returned home.


Grey_Confederate_Grave.JPG.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Well, Boomer, congratulations on your 8,000 views, and I don't think anyone in the Ayers family from now on will forget about "One Armed Hardy thanks to your research. I think many people like to read your blog, but they don't feel they need to post because in many ways you are journaling your life - it's a good life - and your comments are both revealing and profound. Your blog is to be enjoyed, not corrected, rejected, or commented on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What she said. Time to re-join the S of CV

    ReplyDelete