Monday, May 23, 2011

Matthew 25:23


Grandpa (Brooke's Grandfather)-

What can I say?  People knew you were sick when you stopped going to your Catholic church.  That is so powerful and in my opinion says so much about who you were.  Death is sad for those who are left behind but I know today is one of your best days ever.  You are finally feeling good and no doubt dancing again.  None of these earthly chains are holding you back.  Today is a good day for you because you finally get to be with your beloved Stella again, hold her hand, kiss her goodnight.  And she too is in good health.  Yes, we will cry, and we will miss you.  I know you wouldn't want that and I can picture you saying "Dont be sad, I only hope you have as many great years as I had." Grandpa I regret I can't make it but I have to stay here with the big girls so that your only granddaughter can pay her respects.  Its going to be a sad day for us but this is a good day for you.  Not only are you healthy again, not only are you dancing again, not only are you with your Stella again, but today you get to meet our Lord.  I have no doubt he was waiting for you and I can picture him saying to you  "Well done good and faithful servant...enter thou into the joy of your Lord."  Yes, it is a sad day for us, how can it not be? You were one of the best and someone we should all try and copy.  A sad day for us no doubt, but a great day for you.  Rest in peace Grandpa, you certainly deserve it.


All my love,
Boomer

P.S.  If you see a tall, lanky, dark haired, big glasses, southern guy come up to you- its okay.  Its just my grandpa Burbon, y'all would get along great.  Say hi to him for me, we miss him down here too.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget the short little read haired lady your PawPaw (Burbon) will have in tow. She loves to dance, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tough one to read. Thanks

    ReplyDelete