Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sorry for the delay.

Sorry for the delay folks, it has been a crazy few days. This past weekend was a great weekend.  Brooke and Austin left town and were nice enough to leave us their town home for the weekend.  My in laws came up for our last weekend in Lexington.  The main reason for their visit was on Saturday Hadley was getting baptized into the Church, something that is very important to me.  Plus, on Saturday night, the two big girls had a dance recital.  My parents came over, as did my brother.  We spent much of the day just laughing and hanging out.  It was like a whole lot of the weekends we were fortunate enough to spend together, when both her parents and mine were together.  However,  always in the back of my mind was the fact that I knew this may not happen too many more times.  What was seemingly something easy to arrange would be much more difficult in Chicago.  Regardless, it was a great time for all of us- despite UK getting beat in basketball.

On Sunday morning we had breakfast and Brooke's parents went South and we went north.  It was has been a 3 days of nothing but unpacking and reshuffling but the girls have adjusted amazingly well.  It is very nice to have every one up here finally.  Wednesday night at work the SAE Foundation had a Holiday gathering at the LMT, as a sidebar to welcome me into the new position.  It was an opportunity to meet new people, share time with old friends, and have my girls meet so many of the people that I talk about all the time.  It was a perfect storm where work and family merge into one.  I sort of think that is the best of both worlds.  When work is family, and your family is always welcome.  I am lucky I suppose.  I was so happy to have the girls there and of course, they were the stars of the show.  After the event I went to dinner at Fogo De Chow- an all you can eat Steakhouse.  This is a place my father-in-law would love, and a tradition I started 3 years ago.  It was a chance for a bunch of friends who don't see each other too often to reconnect over 12 different cuts of meat.  I ate way too much but I wouldn't have changed it for the world.

Its not too often where you can work and be with your loved ones at the same time.  Often SAE takes me away from the girls but last night we were brought together. 

On Thursday, after a long day at work, we had our much needed office gathering.  There, we awarded two women who work for SAE a newly created SAE award to recognize the women who help make our lives great.  It was long overdue and much deserved.  The gathering was a great time for all who came.  

Its been a long week and this weekend is much needed.  There is still so much work to be done but its nice to sit back and watch a little sports, a girl in each arm, and just relax.  I am so looking forward to the next few weeks and spending time with those that I love.  After all, that is what this time of year is all about.





No comments:

Post a Comment