Saturday, January 8, 2011

Another video blog- a vlog

Im sitting here in a hotel room in Columbia, SC.  There are palm trees all around and the weather is not bad.  I have to bust butt to get out of here tomorrow night because it IS going to get bad.  Regardless, when I left this morning I was in a pretty bad mood.  No, it had nothing to do with UK sucking in sports today.  It was because I knew I had no weekends at home till March at the earliest.  I was a little depressed and had a long drive ahead of me.  I thought of playing in the snow with my girls this morning, I thought about how I would give anything to hear them talking in their rooms tomorrow morning, something that aggravated me earlier today.  Then I heard this song.  Yes it is a country song, but it hit me- resonated with me.  The premise of this song not only comes from my heart, it also lifted my spirits.  It helps me get through this time apart and motivates me to get home ASAP. 

They are the world that my world revolves around (turn it up)

2 comments:

  1. Good song. Made me think of my Dad going to work on the bus, while dealing with a collapsed lung. Me, like you, driving all hours of the night just to get home. Sitting and sometimes sleeping in a damn airport because the flight is late or canceled or there is snow. Tough, but that is what we as Fathers do, for our families. Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crank up the volume! I listen to a lot of C&R but this is the first time I have heard this one and it brings back memories or when I averaged over a 100K mile per year and how many times the airlines told me I couldn't get home so I rented a car and drove all night and all day too many times but I got home to my wife. My daughter was in school. The bottom line is the is NOTHING MORE INFORMATION THAN FAMILY. Even though you are gone so much you still work out of the house which has it benefits. As I have said before you are laying the foundation for things to come.
    Keep up the God Work - You are Much Appreciated by many people.

    ReplyDelete