Tuesday, February 22, 2011

All I ask for anymore.....



Yesterday Reagan went to the doctor for her five year check up.  I still cant wrap my head around the fact that she is 5.  I remember when she was born just like it was yesterday.  Anyway, just like my father used to do with me, I teased her about all the shots she was going to get.  I teased her about the things the doctor was going to do- I teased her leading up to the appointment about everything.  The moment her and her mother left I began to get nervous.  It hit my like a ton of bricks.  Just like my father, I am a bit of a catasrophizer.  I began to think about all the things that could go wrong with her check up.  There hasnt been any red flags, but you just never know.  I was anxious and needed txt messages from Brooke about their progress.  Reagan is my girl, and I didnt want anything negative to come up.  With 5 girls (counting my wife) I always have someone I love to worry about.  Every doctors appointment is an hour of walking on eggshells for me. You honestly can't imagine how amazing it feels to get a text message saying everything is okay.  It is like winning the life lottery.  I wanted nothing more than to hug her when she got home.  I used to ask for a lot (ask Mom and Dad)- from Nintendo games, to  Air Jordans, to clothes, cars, money etc. now I simply ask for the health of my loved ones.  I want them to be happy, loved, and healthy.  That is all I ask for  anymore.


1 comment:

  1. Yep--pins and needles. Problem is , sure it is routine, but.... It is that but when suddenly things do not look right etc. I am sure she is fine, but you are right--all that matters is their health and safety. She was in rare form last night. I do love it when she pouts when her PawPaw has to leave. Makes me feel all warm and good inside. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete