Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"In the deep dark hills of Eastern Kentucky...."



Justified is one of my (if not the) favorite shows (Great Ad for Season 2) and thankfully it returns for its second season tonight.  I also think that Raylen Givens is one of the best characters on TV.  Part of me likes the character because a lot of my work friends think I resemble Raylen in looks and moreso in the way I carry myself.  Both of which I consider a compliment.  There is a lot to like about the show.  For the most part I feel it represents Kentucky well.  It is pretty true to form and Raylen is a dude anyone from Kentucky can be proud of.  Not to mention the women of the show are hot. I dont get excited about a lot on TV (that isnt around a sporting event) so for me to be excited about tonight says a lot.  Normally you never see anything positive about Kentucky on TV unless it is something on the History channel.  SitComs never miss a chance to take pot shots at Kentucky and Dramas avoid this state like the plague.  Justified is FX's highest rated show ever and while it does have some of the stereotypes in it, it is something a proud Kentuckian can hang his hat on.  The story lines are pretty good and to me, the show is like a KY version of the Sopranos .  So tonight after Reagan's party is over and the girls are asleep I will watch this event. 

(Song from the end of the show last year)

3 comments: