Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Pillow Case part II



As some of you know, I talked about throwing my pillow case into the fire.  It was a blog dated 11/5 first pillow case blog and 11/8/2011.  It was a good blog, if you need a refresher go check it out.  Anyway- we never got around to throwing our old garments (and the symbolism with it) into the fire.  I don't know if it was fate, I don't know if my emotions got the better of me, or if it just was an honest mistake.  Regardless, the pillow case lived to see another day. 

Reagan, praise be to God, is still napping.  Every day she naps at the same time as the other girls.  This will end by next August because she will be in school all day.  Yet another sign my little girl is growing up.  In a lot of ways you're happy and in a few you are sad.  I now know why my father cried every time he dropped me off for college.  Anyway, since Baylor Grace moved into a big girl bed (she now sleeps in the ultra plush queen sized bed) to make way for Hadley- we had to find a new place for Reagan to sleep.  We didn't want Reagan and Carolina to be in the same room because we didnt want them to wake each other up.  The only other place for Reagan to sleep was the king bed in our master bedroom.  The girls are all pretty good, sleeping wherever we tell them too.  It didn't take either Baylor Grace or Reagan very long to adjust....and by very long I mean like a day.  Pretty soon I started to notice something about Reagan and her sleeping habits.  She has this huge bed and she insists on sleeping on one portion of it.  And to take it even further, she insists on sleeping on the same pillow everyday.  My pillow.  I asked her today why she has to sleep on my pillow and she looked at me and said "because I love you Daddy.  It smells like you, its comfortable, I don't know?"  I got to admit it was a pretty cool moment.  It made me very happy I didn't throw that ratty thing away.  When I said "sometimes a pillow case is more than just a pillow case," in my blog that day, I was referring to all the memories and history that darn thing had seen with me.  Little did I know that one day in the future, Reagan would feel the same way.  She may be growing up, she may be getting bigger, there is nothing that I can do to stop that.  I don't know what it is about the girl, no matter how big she gets, she will always be my baby.

1 comment:

  1. And, you will always be her Daddy, and that's the best part.

    ReplyDelete