Sunday, June 19, 2011

More than words....

You are probably wondering why no blogs about vacation or Father's Day?  I have thought long and hard- had a lot of drive time to think- about what I was going to say about our vacation, or how I would best talk about the special meaning of this day.  The more I thought about it, the more I realized there was really no way to put it into words.

Vacation was amazing, the greatest one I have ever had.  While I missed having both sets of parents there, it was nice to have time with my girls (and the extra Brooke, who was a big help too).  I can't begin to tell you about all the fun we had and the memories made.  No words can do it justice.  And let me say this, when you have girls, Magic Kingdom really is a place where dreams come true.  I dread the work that I have waiting for me tomorrow morning, it all starts again.  Since the moment we made the reservations for LBK, when ever rough time came I would remind myself "just make it to June," for vacation.  While I am so sad to see it end, I can remind myself again that- with any luck- next June we will be back there on the beach together.  God I love those girls.

Fathers Day was a day well spent.  I got to see my grandfather, spend time with my brother, and have a good dinner at my folks house.  The girls have been asking to go to MaMaw's and PawPaws house, so it was nice to spend the day there.  For the first 20 some odd years of my life, my father was my best friend.  Not because he let me do whatever I wanted and get away with all the bad things I did.  It was actually the opposite.  I appreciate the standard at which he held me, the love he gave me, the example he showed me.  Brooke and I have formed a relationship that only a man and his wife can but my father always will hold a special place in my life and Im so thankful he is around for me to share these days with. 

But I do want to end this one with a special note to my wife and daughters.  The greatest title I have ever been given is Daddy.  With each passing day I fall deeper and deeper in love with all 5 of you.  So much of what I do and who I am is because of you girls.  I want to give you the world and will work my a*s off in order to do so.  You are very well behaved, beautiful, strong, young women.  I am so blessed you were a gift from God.  Daddy's Day, really is the greatest day of the year.  Thank you so much.

So, to Dad, and Pops- thanks for everything you do and being great men.  To my PawPaw and to Brooke's Grandpa, thanks for blazing the trail.  You are in a better place and will always live on through us.  Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there. I hope you are honored as I am to be called Daddy. 

3 comments:

  1. Great post. When your children call you "Daddy" or "Dad" I know that your heart melts, as did mine. You and Patrick were great kids growing up--not much worry there. I taught you as I was taught by my Dad. Thanks dad, I miss you. The visit was super. Love you guys. Actually miss Flaget! Do not tell your Mom. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will find that as the girls get bigger and are more into vacations, you will enjoy them more and more. Your father had a good Father's Day, too, and we really enjoyed your visit. Regarding Flaget - the dogs miss her. They stood on the back porch waiting for her to come out before they would go out the last time Sunday. Scarlett especially misses her, but it also is quiet. Being Daddy is the most important thing you will ever do, and you are a good one.

    ReplyDelete