Friday, July 29, 2011

Happy Birthday!

I admit, the video has NOTHING to do with my post.  So you can press play and continue to scroll down because I don't care about the video.  What I care about is the song.  This is a rare Garth Brooks song that he dedicated to his mother.  Unfortunately there wasn't a video released and most of the youtube videos are cover versions, not the Garth Brooks version. I am playing this song today and dedicating it to my mother because today is her birthday.  She has always been a guiding light for this family and for me personally.  I am so lucky she is my Mom, I won the parent lottery.  This (song) is for you Mom, Happy Birthday.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much. It was my pleasure. It's always my pleasure. And, yes, you did it again. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doris's little boy.July 29, 2011 at 1:58 PM

    We are both lucky, Boomer. You and I have something else in common--great Moms. I miss the little red haired Irish lady with the drink and cigarette and the desire to sing. Only about 4ft 11 inches it took a brave person to cross her. I have watched your Mom raise you guys and it is very heart warming. Happy birthday Nina. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww. I don't know how I was so blessed. Look at that response from Doris' little boy. BTW Doris also was a wonderful grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boomer, there are special people in our lives and your mother is special for Kathy and I. She is alway there to listen and offer suggestions. Alot of them from personal experience. Kathy, my beloved wife turns to your mom for advice and just someone to talk to.
    Nina, God Bless You, Your other half is not bad either.
    Love,
    Dan & Kathy

    ReplyDelete