Wednesday, July 13, 2011

U-S-A U-S-A

I have to admit I have a healthy crush on Hope Solo.  I don't think I am alone in this, I think most heterosexual males have the hots for her.  The thing is, she isn't the only hottie on the team.  There are a few really good looking girls on this years women's World Cup team.  Even down to the youngest girl on the team, Alex Morgan (and her pink sports bra)- who scored her first goal today during the beating of France (which is always good).

I also admit that it doesn't matter what the sport or game is, if it is America I will pull for us.  I get even more excited when we do well and have a chance at winning.  After all, we are Amurca, the greatest country on earth.  I love this team, still hate the game of soccer, and it honestly has little to do with how good they look.  I love how they play. As a coach, they really get me fired up to watch them.  They play so hard and so well.  They could really show the men a thing or two if nothing else, how to play with heart. Something the men's team totally lacked when Mexico spanked us.  Plus, they never give up, you can never count them out.  They play so well it makes a boring game go by fast and is entertaining to watch.  I swear, I would have Abby Wambach play for any team I coach.  She is very inspiring with the way she plays and leads that team.  She is a total monster out there.  To be honest, all of this makes me a little more excited to have 4 girls.  Most women's sports do not translate well to tv or translate at all.  It is slower, less exciting, and if there is any emotion- it just seems fake.  Not this team.  I don't know if my girls will ever grow up and play for a world cup team but now I know that my girls have some athletes to look up to,  just as I did as young boy. 

Sunday, 2 PM is the time that we take on Japan for the World Cup title.  I highly recommend you all check it out- they are something to watch.  You go girl(s).  

No comments:

Post a Comment