Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What a long strange trip it's been.....

This trip starts on April 19th when Brooke and I went to the hospital unsure if we were going to have Hadley then or not.  It was a roller coaster day but on the next day our new bundle of joy was with us.  Mimi and Pops stayed about a week, we celebrated Baylor Grace's birthday, then I had to fly up to Chicago for work.  After about a week and half home, we went for a long weekend in Nashville.  I had to go to Memphis for work that weekend.  That long weekend turned into almost the rest of May.  Brooke's grandfather passed away and she had to go to Boston for the funeral. I stayed back in Nashville with the big girls.  We came home at the end of May for about a week and half before we left on Vacation for 10 days.  Valdosta, Longboat Key, Disney, then home just in time for Fathers Day.    We were home for another week and half during which time Mimi and Pop came up (with KiKi) for Carolines birthday.  We left again on June 29th for Nashville and just got home yesterday.  During that time I went to Memphis again for work and back.  I'm not sure I can find my way around this house, I haven't really been here in a few months.

It has been an absolute whirlwind since Hadley was born. We have been all over the place for work and for pleasure.  The greatest thing about it is we have been together.  I wouldn't wont it any other way and it is those times that helps me get through the hard times with work during the year.  I need to thank Mom and Dad for watching the dog.  Mimi and Pops for putting up with us and having their electric and water bills skyrocket because of our stays.  Brooke Ward for going on vacation with us, and anyone else along the way who has made these past few months as good as they were.

What a long strange trip it has been.....and I guess it never really ends.

2 comments: