Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Brooke: Caroline, what are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?
Caroline: My sisters, because I am never alone.

I apologize I haven't been updating my blog as much as I have in the past.  It is not for lack of good material, in fact I am at a stage in my life where every day something comes up.  The fact of the matter is, I have been so incredibly busy with the move, work, and family, that I haven't had time.

I got home late Sunday night from a work trip to Boston.  I woke up early Monday to take Hadley and Reagan to have surgery.  Both came out okay, in fact Hadley came out like a champ.  Reagan was/has been more of struggle but for the most part, all is well.  After a long Sunday and early Monday- I was ready to hit the road with the family and move our stuff into the house in Chicago.  Literally on our way out of town Brooke's car goes crazy and she can't go anymore.  This means we must load my truck in a parking lot and I am going on my own.  On my way up there, perhaps because of the rain, there is a massive wreck with multiple deaths.  It causes me to wait in my car for 3 hours.  3 hours.  As mad as you might get because of being stopped for 3 hours, driving by what was left of the cars does put things into perspective.  On Tuesday we got to move stuff into the house, pretty exciting right?  Well of course it would rain all day.  Then we had some issues with stuff left in the house, the day was not starting off well.  After seeing what was getting brought in off the truck, I could not believe the amount of stuff we had.  Much of it hadn't been touched since the last move.  Everything was so tucked away in the attic of the old house- we didn't notice it all.  After freaking out about the lack of space (even though this house is bigger) by about 4 everything was moved in and the unpacking began.  I didn't get finished with it all, not even close.  But with a little help from John Collias, we did get most of the kitchen done.  I look forward to getting back up there with the entire family and settling in.  There is still a long way to go but I am thankful to have a nice home up there.

I wanted to drive back today to be with the fan for Thanksgiving.  After a good half day at work,  I was making excellent time until I got 7 miles from the KY border.  I was stuck in traffic AGAIN for 2 hours this time. I was so close to home.  Thankfully, there were no injuries.  I don't feel bad about being upset at the wreck.  Finally making it home to say goodnight to the girls was reward for the 5 hours I spent sitting, stopped in my truck.  It as great to see them, even if for a brief second.

There is much to be thankful for and I am excited about spending the day tomorrow with my loved ones.  I will probably go to Trinity tomorrow morning to watch practice,  I will watch some NFL football, and eat a TON of food.  Perhaps there are even some Muppet's in my weekend plans, and maybe a trip to the zoo.  The weather is supposed to be real nice on Friday. Whatever your plans are this weekend, I hope that you spend it with people who you love, and in turn love you back.  I hope that you have plenty of food, and lots to be thankful for.  I know I do.  Its a crazy life, but its our life...and I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Family good, too many dumplings bad. Great day --now back to the real world

    ReplyDelete