Monday, October 4, 2010

Its never too early part II

Monday nights are my time with Baylor Grace.  Mom takes the older girls to dance class, so its me and the blue eyed bombshell hanging out.  Oftentimes we go to the mall and walk around.  For me, Baylor Grace truly is a blessing.   All kids are but every day she amazes me even more.  It goes beyond the blonde hair and the eyes that are as blue as the Bonnie Blue Flag  She has such a great personality and really is a beautiful girl.  I love watching her because everyday it is something new to her and she enjoys so much of life.  Steve Miller would be proud because Baylor Grace is almost everything he sings about.  Well we went to the mall and as we walk through Sears we run right into their Xmas stuff.  You should have heard the yell that she let out when she saw all the Christmas stuff.  She was waving at everything, kissing everything, and was in pure heaven.  She really couldnt get over the Abominal Snowman from Rudolph. I wondered and would pay all the money in the world to know what was going through her head when she was looking at that stuff for the first time. There is no way she can remember anything from last year but she really did act like she was seeing a long lost friend.  Dare I say....she lit up like a Christmas tree.  It was a spiritual uplifter for me.  It makes you realize the joy of a child at Christmas- when they still believe- and makes me think of all the amazing Christmas' I had as a kid.  It really is the most wonderful time of the year.

2 comments:

  1. This one picture says everything. Baylor Grace discovers Christmas. Game on. And she probably has seen The Abominable and Rudolph recetly. We watched The Grinch on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The look of wonderment makes it all worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete