Friday, October 8, 2010

The Mayor of Seton

This is my middle girl Caroline, as I have said before her personality is just like mine. Well she talks more than me. She wakes up talking, goes to bed talking, and even talks in the middle of the night.  I have NEVER met a person who enjoys talking as much as Caroline does. Truth be told I was worried this year as she started school. She is so sensitive and I was worried school might eat her a live.  For a while there she was having a hard time adjusting to people pottying in groups and not being able to get naked when she went potty like she does at home.  I was worried she would not do well with her course work, I was worried about damned near everything.  I was sad when Reagan left because she is my buddy but I knew she would dominate the work.  Caroline scared me to death, I wanted to protect her.

I realized today that Caroline is the Mayor of Seton Catholic Grade School.  It amazes me that one month into it she walks down the hall and everyone knows Caroline.  Caroline knows everyone's names as well.  She waves and says hello Ms. SoinSo to EVERYONE.  She shakes hands and kisses babies with the best of them.  We went out in the parking lot and there were three adult women, she went up to all them and called them all by name and started a conversation with them.  She waves at other kids in older classrooms.  She is a social butterfly, she is Mayor Caroline.

It has taught me a very valuable lesson, kids surprise you when you least expect it.  I know there will be bad days and days when she wont want to go to school.  But I can't tell you how good it makes a Dad feel when he was so worried about his Carolina and she passes the test with flying colors. I hope it stays that way for her. 

3 comments:

  1. She can be anything she wants to be

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were thinking she'd be a scientist. Maybe she'll be a Mayor, Governor, or President. She is truly quite a woman. Mamaw's girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana Sawyer--hoping to work for Fox News

    ReplyDelete