Thursday, September 9, 2010

9-10-2010

Dear Baby Ayers-

I cannot begin to tell you the relief your Mom and I felt when we saw you for the first time today.  I yelled out "I see a heart beat," before anyone else in the room.  I also whisper cussed an F-bomb in the process but it was an F-bomb of joy.  And yes, I cried.  We felt like a HUGE weight was lifted off of our chests.  Do us all a favor and stay in there and cook until May 4th.   While we are not out of the woods yet, it was great news.  So now, I promise you a few things.

1) I promise to always love you
2) I promise to always take care of you
3) I promise to give you the worst possible name.  Drizella and Jubal are tops right now.   All the teasing in the world wont compare to the hell your mother and I went through this past week.
4) When you turn 16, I will smack you.  There is a story about that for another day.  Your PawPaw promised the same to me and like all good family traditions- you will get this one.

All my love,

Daddy

2 comments:

  1. Her Indian name will be "little fart who hides like a bean" Great news. Now we can breath again. Your mom and I celebrated last night in the usual great way... Wait for it..... Not what you think or I was hoping ..She slept in her chair and I visited with my usual Royalty. Love you guys--way to go. Dad

    ReplyDelete