Thursday, September 9, 2010

9-9-2010


Dear Baby Ayers-

Today is the today. I can only hope and pray that you are resting soundly in your mother’s belly. Despite the fact that we have been here three times before- I cannot begin to tell you how excited your Mom and I were to find out you were part of the family. We debated names (girls of course), talked about seating arrangements in her van, Xmas stockings, etc. All the most important things for our new addition to the family. We prayed for you and loved you before you we knew you were part of our lives. I promise you will have the best three sisters possible. Reagan is very motherly; she will take the best care of you. Caroline is very emotional so you have to watch yourself around her but I promise that she will make you laugh. Baylor Grace is a stinker and you need to be on your toes when she is around. Whatever you find most important, if it isn’t attached, she will take off with it when you’re not looking. They will love having you around. Don’t get me started on your mother. She is as good as it gets. She will always take care of you. With her you will always be clean, always be clothed, always be fed, and always be loved. I can’t wait to take you for a ride in my truck, teach you how to cheer for the CATS, and what it means to be a Southern Belle (or on the long shot a Gentleman). Having said that, I make a promise to you. If everything works out- whatever sports you want to play or teams you want to cheer for are totally negotiable. I don’t care; I just want you here with us.

If God has decided to take you into his arms- just know that you will always be loved and always be part of this family. I know you will be scared because Mom and Dad aren’t around and I know you will be concerned that you will be forgotten. Trust me that will never happen. You will always be a part of my soul, always. There will be days when I look into the sky and wonder how you are doing up there. There will be days when I could only imagine hearing your feet walking around the house- and while I may cry- it is okay. I do that, it isn’t your fault. It is tears of love, I promise. I will take some small comfort in knowing that you will never have a scraped knee, never get your heart broken, never hurt again. So today is the day and unfortunately I can’t do a damned thing about it. If there was something I could do I would do it so incredibly fast. I would give all I own for everything to be okay. I love you baby Ayers- no matter what the doctor says today. If you are no longer with us I am convinced that our loss is heaven’s gain.



With all my love,

Daddy

4 comments:

  1. I cried when I read this--well said and from the heart . It is very emotional for your Mom and me --cannot imagine how hard it is for you two. Please call us as soon as you know something--love you Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. An affirnative prayer for Baby Ayers & family -

    The Light of God Surrounds You

    The Love of God Enfolds You

    The Presence of God Watches Over You

    The Power of God Protects You

    For Wherever You Are, God Is

    And All Is Well, Amen


    Hopes and prayers are with you,

    Chuck & Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not read this until today. I'm sure you understand why. For all our kidding, we are so happy for us all. Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, it was still very, very hard to read.

    ReplyDelete