Monday, September 20, 2010

Land of Live Oaks

I am here at Louisiana Lafayette (pronounced Laugh-a-ette) in the heart of Cajun country.  I could live here.  It is Live Oak after Live Oak, which is my favorite tree. When it isnt a Live Oak, it is a Magnolia (my second favorite tree). Plus in the middle of campus there is a pond.  In the pond there are large fish, water turtles, and about 8 of these bad boys.  People feed them, talk to them, etc. as if they were squirrels.  I really like it down here. Tonight we had dinner at a place with a tin roof, zydeco band, and I had the crawfish platter.  Outside of missing a few people I love, it is where I belong.  God's country down here, good people.

4 comments:

  1. Could not agree more. Great place and great state and great food and my kind of people. Love you--be safe and Phi Alpha to all my brothers!! Yea!! Finally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like growing your own food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To BKA: I assume that I am one of those people you miss not being in LA. Though I won't stray from New Orleans.

    To TBA: "Phi Alpha to all my brothers"?! Really?
    In all seriousness, Congrats on joining the Lions Mr. A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need a pond like this in our back yard. Look out Scarlett!

    ReplyDelete