Saturday, September 18, 2010

What a crazy day!

So my entire "adult" life I have worked in a position where I mentor young men.  Often, as young men do, I have seen them fail.  While failing is never easy, there is a lot to learn from that- even if all you learn is that failing sucks.  Regardless, way too many times I have seen a Mom or Dad come swooping in and doing all they can to erase the mistake.  Lots of times, any lesson to be learned is erased when Daddy makes it all go away.  It aggravates me to no end and is a reason why so many younger people don't know what it is like to face adversity.  It is always someone elses fault, Mommy or Daddy will always make it better.

Thank God for those parents who clean up after their kids.  I had failed, I had accepted my failure, and I had accepted the consequences.  Now, my biggest fear as mentioned in my previous post, wont have to come true.  My mother was just as upset about the whole situation as I was.  Mom can give Rory everything I couldn't anymore and Rory will be an interesting project for her.  I think she is on drugs, I think Rory needs to be on drugs, but in all seriousness this is the best possible outcome.  At 4 this afternoon, Dad called and told me to go get Rory.  They were way excited at the LFCHS and when Rory saw me her face lit up like a Christmas tree.  She is a somewhat special needs dog, and now the dog whisperer will get her chance.  Rory went from the doghouse to the penthouse- and I couldn't be happier for her. 

Good luck Mom (you re going to need it)- thanks for making my mistake all better. 

Dreams really do come true (click here turn up the sound)

4 comments:

  1. You did not fail. Like most of us, once in a while you are simply overwhelmed and out of options. Difference is simply experience and perspective. Your Mom and I have been to hell and back. Always step back count to ten, take a deep breath, and think have I done everything i can do .Know that you are loved and are trying to do the right thing and then...kill somebody. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there is one thing that never ceases to amaze me that is the consistent acts of great parents to go the extra mile for their kids, no matter what their age.

    You have great parents my friend and taking in that dog with HDAD,,,, is way beyond the extra mile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our dogs are a part of our family. We cannot give up on them as long as they want to try. Rory will get every possible chance with us. We'll see if we can make her better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rory is happy and making great progress--in fact she is content, happy and only barks sometimes when she goes out. She plays with Scarlett, sleeps in my lap or behing my chair and actually minds what you say about 80-85% of the time now. A work in progress but progress is always in the work.After two weeks it is still the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete