Monday, September 27, 2010

Sometimes the apples just fall in different places


It has become amazing to me how people can grow up in the same families, same rules, same parents, and turn out totally different.  I suppose I should have known all along.  Patrick was into books, chess, and computers.  I was into, sports, baseball cards, and Nintendo.  Now that I have my own kids, I find it fascinating to see how different my girls are.  According to Brooke, if you ever wanted to know all about our kids, take them to the library and let them check out their own books.  This will tell you everything about them.  Today at the library Reagan checked out Angelina Ballerina books which goes along with her dancing/princess theme.  Her sister Caroline picked out books on The Solar System, Volcanoes, and The Magic School Bus series that is about a bus that takes a class to both a volcano and through the solar system.  There is a definite theme for the both of them, and they couldn't be more opposite.  That is okay though.  I sometimes see Reagan looking at a volcano book, and occasionally Carolina flips through the princess books.  I am so happy that they love books no matter the subject matter- and I will read with them as long as they ask me too. Life doesn't always go as you envisioned it.  I never thought I would have girls, read princess books, or have a girl to read books about the stars to.  But regardless of where life has taken me it has been one hell of a ride.  I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  While there maybe more soccer games and dancing ballerinas in my future, that's okay.  I'm sure there were plenty of times when I HAD to rent the latest Nintendo game from Video World and Mom or Dad would make it happen.  Plenty of track meets where I would run the very first event and the very, very last event.  As a parent it is just what you do.  Volcanoes one minute, dancing princesses the next.

And if this holds true, Baylor Grace is going to live on a farm because she LOVES books about farm animals.  I wonder if baby#4 is currently reading the latest Blue & Grey in Brooke's belly?

2 comments:

  1. No--hopefully HE is watching Wall Street--the original, Rudy, High Noon and of course--Driving Miss Daisey and Fried Green Tomatoes for HIS feminine side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever happens, I know there's bound to be one that has a thing for horses. I'm hoping it skips a generation. When that one shows up, I'll be prepared. And, it could be a boy! BTW, as a side, I don't remember any of the girls being active while in the oven.

    ReplyDelete